View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2017, 05:22 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Radiator overflow tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmccollector View Post
How do you know this Steve ? quote " they were on all assembly-line installed AC trucks "
I've personally owned or found 4-5 factory AC trucks (more than just about anyone in the country) and every single one had one of these tanks on it or had inner fender holes where one had been - so is it possible for any factory AC truck to have come off the assembly line without one? Possibly - but doubtful. Factory AC introduces more heat and strain on the engine, so that is why every factory AC truck also has a 4 flu radiator in it too vs the more usual 3 flu on V6 equipped trucks, so bigger radiator for greater cooling, and an overflow reservoir was added. Plenty of GMC trucks came with dealer-installed AC units and I have so far never seen one of those installations include a reservoir - only assembly-line installed units using the A6 compressor and riveted-in well nuts in the dash seem to have these.

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)