View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2017, 08:18 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Radiator overflow tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmccollector View Post
My question was more at how you know they were on the truck on the assembly line.
nobody can prove something was on a truck off the assembly line unless they have the ppwk showing it, or they themselves were working on the line and happened to snap a picture - all we can do is observe untouched original trucks for how they appear to have come when all the hardware and related placement etc mirrors that of other known untouched original examples. I have no oubts of any kind that these overflow tanks were installed at the assembly line level and no one can prove they weren't just the same as maybe I can't prove they were.
After seeing several examples of factory AC equipped trucks all having these tanks, it only makes sense that they were obviously part of the standard equipment commonly installed on AC equipped trucks - that's my take on them until someone proves they are dealer installed or something

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)