View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2016, 12:31 AM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: '63 Fenderside in Colorado

Start your parts search now for rebuilding that 305. Your gonna have a hard time finding cam and main bearings if you wait. There are sets on Ebay as I type that you should get before they are gone. The Rod bearings are produced repop so no problems there, but main and cam bearings will have to be picked up NOS. Here is a list of parts that I know are available from the auto parts stores from within that last couple of months:

Block:
Full Gasket Set
Oil Pump
Pickup Screen
Timing Gears and Chain
Rod Bearings
Piston Rings
Water Pump
Clutch Kit
Distributor, Points type and HEI are available

Not sure on head parts, but I think you can get valve springs, guides, and seals. Valves are NOS as well I believe.

Stuff I think you have to get NOS:
Valves
Camshaft
For sure on Cam and Main bearings

You can get a carb kit or go the 500 hollley route. I'd do the 500 holley, you'll get a nice little performance increase. Also dual exhaust helps and with stock type mufflers it won't change the "stock" feel if that's what you want.

But my opinion, Get parts coming for that engine Now. They are getting scarce.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.