View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2017, 03:31 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 GMC "crustine" semi-build.

Quote:
Can y'all send some of that cold weather over my way? LOL

I'm sure I'd change my tune pretty quickly if I was living in it again. But, there are times where I really miss the snow.
I may need help with shipping costs.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Quote:
Our driveway here near Medford is a piece of cake compared to the driveway we endured for 25 years at our old place, Tom. That driveway was 2/3 mile long and gained 400' in elevation from the paved road up to our house. The worst part was a hairpin curve at the top of a section with a 25% slope. I lost traction many times over the years in the middle of that hairpin going uphill in the snow. Going downhill in the snow was even worse -- came close to going over the edge more than once, sliding on the packed snow.

One of my former co-workers came out one time in the summer for a department picnic and never came back. She called it the "driveway from heck"! One time we had a guy in a service van try to come up the driveway. Near the top of the steepest part he lost momentum, started spinning his rear wheels, put on the brakes, and started sliding backwards down the hill. And this was in the summertime. He evidently freaked out due to gaining speed backwards, cranked the wheel to put the rear of van into the uphill side of the slope instead of risking going over the edge on the downhill side. This promptly rolled the van over onto its side. That was an interesting extraction challenge for the wrecker that came out to rescue him!

Then there was the time I jackknifed a trailer going downhill at the hairpin....
Wow! Now I can understand! If you have a driveway that makes you skid backwards during the Summer then it's BAD. haha

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.