View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2016, 12:45 AM

Truck: GMC V12 powered '46 Chevy pu
Cayoterun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
Thanks Dac! I try. Never know when I'll have to re-do a project

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

They sure can. This is my second trip down this road though so I'm hardened steel now.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Hey, Fetch and crew: Good to see you back skinnin' your knuckles. Powder Puff is sure growing! Won't be long 'til you'll have more boys wanting to help tinker, than you can shake a stick at.----Weell, maybe you'll need to shake the stick.

Haha! Yep, I had that problem the first time too. I use a magnet to dig them all out now. I forget the count, but there's just enough to make you think you got 'em all plus 1.

I've been busy so I haven't finished this project. This week the Powder Puff was out of school (finally!) so we got to work. I love being able to scrub the trans case in the sink without worrying about The Wife knowing. They're so small!

After the scrub, re-scrub, and Ospho wash we were ready to Por-15 him. Here's the Powder Puff playing with the cheapo throw-away paint brush. She got that outerwear cammo outfit for her birthday this year (12) so she can go on her first deer hunt. I gotta get my dehydrator ready for that jerky!

And now the application. We gave him three coats this time, instead of two. No reason why except I saw someone else do three coats somewhere. The instructions say two.

I also loosened the bolts so they don't get painted together.

The bolts I had removed altogether got their little caps painted too. I stuck them in pencil holes in this moth ball box to let them dry. Only two coats on them though, I don't need them changing sizes on me.

And look at this! Some of my bolts came clean with my ATF/Actone mixture (homemade PB Blaster) and kept their original reddish paint on! I'm going to see if I can match it again.

One little note about making your own soak - don't put it in a Folgers plastic coffee can. Those things will hold the liquid, but the second someone knocks them off the bench you'll have your own little environmental disaster to clean up. And it ain't fun. Ask me how I know.....

The next time I make some I'm putting it in something with a screw-top lid!

Here's the case all painted up.

And this was supposed to be a shot of the cover (my most desperately needed part) but I guess my photographer's aim was off.

And that's it. I just need to find a paint color and get to work on the heavy stuff. The Powder Puff and I are going fishin on Monday to get ready for our first tournament, then next weekend (Jan 1) we're going deer hunting. That might be a story too.
Hey, Fetch: Glad to see you back skinnin' knuckles again. Powder Puff is sure growing. Won't be long 'till you'll have more boys hangin' around wanting to mow the lawn, wash parts, or clean the shop than you can count.

Just wanted to wish all of you down there a "MERRY CHRISTMAS" from our tribe here in the windy flatland.

Cayoterun.net

I think I'll fix it myself, and pay the extra $500.