Thread: fender mounting
View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2013, 03:12 AM

Truck: 1960 8' fleetside
jbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: fender mounting

Don't really know, but I have enough washers to make up the difference, plus the rubber washers that came with the kit.

I spoke to a member who has done this before. I am supposed to mount the rear of the fender on the 3 rear most locations (2) upper air plenum and front pillar post and one lower cab mount location. This are fixed points and cannot move (so to speak) you leave them loose. Then adjust the front of the rad support as needed. Once everything is close. Start at the rear and slowly tighten ALL the bolts on a cris-cross pattern.

I got all excited and was ready to mount and discovered that the lower inner bolt location will need to be re-drilled and tapped. I need to step up to 7/16nc14 and will need to drill a 25/64th. pilot hole for the tap - anticipation is making me crazy.

I was a cussin' the cheap harbor freight tap setI bought, Friday I'm hitting sears for a decent one.

Jake