View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2013, 12:28 AM

Truck: 1963 1500 Custom
adamfgarner is on a distinguished road
Default ...been lurking for awhile; now I have some questions...

Hello all,

I recently bought a '63 longbed 1500 series with the 305, granny 4 speed and a dana 60 rear end. It needs some TLC which I have been giving...it looks like the Strom WW has been rebuilt by Holley (tell-tale sticker on carb) and the truck runs well with minimal warm-up...I have been lurking (reading without posting) for a few weeks now and know that most of you prefer the swap to a Holley 4412...in my reading outside the site I have read that Holley's were designed for wide open throttle applications and the main benefit is simplicity and availability of parts; in addition I have read that the Rochester 2G will bolt right on without an adapter and is actually a better carb for a wider range of driving conditions...anyone care to comment on pros and cons?
Also, on this truck I have some sort of engine pre-heater piped into the heater hoses and engine block - it's a cylinder mounted on the drivers side frame in front of the engine with a 120 volt plug...anybody have one of these or ...? Open to comments and questions...oh yeah also am looking for input regarding a good choice of mufflers for this engines best performance as I am getting ready to have a dual exhaust put in. Thanks in advance, I really appreciate any input, advice and all your enthusiasm. I will post pics if someone is really interested.