View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2016, 01:32 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Who needs strobe lights? AKA Headlights flickering on high-beam

Could be a short in the high beam wiring or the secondary lights. To eliminate the bulbs themselves I'd pull the high beams out and try it to see if I get the whine again. If it whines, it's shorted.

If not, maybe one of the bulbs is drawing too much current. Corrosion on the posts? These are all glass bulbs so be careful. I cut myself pretty good getting my old one out because I dropped it on the ground and it shattered. Bulbs are cheap (about $14 USD) so at worst you'll have a couple of extra bulbs.

The next thing might be the step switch. I've never heard of one going out, but they're pretty universal. You can pick one up at the local auto parts store.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.