View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2016, 10:36 PM

Truck: 1964, K15
Lineman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need advice on a dash, see pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCNUT View Post
Bat o Meter is a fairly uncommonly seen accessory guage so if you like that, Id keep it. The Stewart Warner Tach is technically incorrect to the SUN Model GMC used, but unless you have to have the "correct" tach, I'd say keep that SW tach in there because it is clearly old and "period correct" and has such a great look compared to the correct one. The SUN tach was a hold over from the 1955-59 GMC series and shamefully GMC did not opt to change the Green squared off 55-59 series lettering font and coloration to adapt to the White temp speedo and fuel guages so the correct SUN tachs look very out of place in these clusters. I restored my cluster with a correct tach (see attached) and as you see it almost looks stupid in there compared to your White one. I vote you re-use your tach because it looks that much better to me
Thanks for the reply, I wouldn't say it looks "stupid" by a long shot. Your dash looks nice to me. Did you paint that? Or is that that plating they used or some restoration thing?

I will have to test my tach and see if it even works, the volt meter works. Is the arrangement in the dash right as your tach is on the left?

Thanks again.