View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2017, 08:03 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Project Blown 305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttyman9 View Post
Yeah, it's hard to say really. It's probably me being hopeful haha.

I'm figuring even the 305 stroked out to whatever I can get away with will suffice at that point.

Definitely let me know what you come up with.

Once I get the mopar rocker from a friend to compare with and get time for a junkyard run I'll have an fE rocker to test as well.
My build plans so far are pretty much more air flow, compression, and lightening the rotating mass.

.060 over Flat top aluminum pistons that are lighter and 4 ring. 0 decking the block. Shaving the head if I can still get away with .450- .500 lift on the cam...and pending on rocker ratio I'm not sure what that will be on the valve lift so that will have to be calculated. Keeping the total cam duration low so peak power is at 4000 tops.
Opening the head where ever I can....magnum heads for sure with bigger valves. Issue then might be the 4.25 bore may be to small and valves may hit. Rods are beefy enough, but I want to see about taking some weight off the crank and doing more balancing.
Magnum manifold has already been machined for a 4 barrel so I have that done, and then need to make some headers. Hoping for 9.5.1 or 10.0.1 compression. If I can make 340 foot pounds naturally aspirated out of 305 cubic inches I'll be super happy. Can really make an embarrassment out of 350's then.

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.