View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2015, 01:34 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1960 Harley-Davidson of Macon Delivery Truck

Quote:
Another great picture, DAC. But who is the old guy in the picture? Just kidding. By the way, this is the cover of the 1961 GMC OM. It is not the 1960 cover. The 1960 cover is the one with the kids and the dog stopping traffic. If you can not find it above here, let me know and I will re- post it here. From South Georgia to South Dakota, man you get around. I never get west of Lizella anymore. Thanks for sharing the great pictures. I will share them with my moms friend, who is 83, and from Crawfordville. She will enjoy seeing them I'm sure. Later, Greg Mead
Thanks again Greg, right now when the temps keep hovering 0* and below I sure wonder why I'm not down there! It might get above freezing Wednesday they say! My Mom was from the Black Hills and the folks moved back to care for her ailing mother the final time in 1960. When the folks split up, I stayed here. Dad was a union electrician and traveled from job to job seeking the best paycheck, Mom got tired of life on the road.

Yeah I knew that first cover was the 1960 manual I was trying to remember, but I thought maybe the other one you posted may have been the back cover. That's a great manual also. Maybe you could put together an album for the site? I did one with the '67 GMC brochure I have.

I still remember a couple of family names from Crawfordville and if this lady your Mom knows would like more pictures we could do it through emails so I can stop hijacking your thread! My Dad was born there in 1923. Oh yeah, my Aunt's middle name was "Lee" and the "old guy" in the pic may have had something to do with that!

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday