View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2015, 11:34 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 Custom Wideside SB
jagarra is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone have $60 grand to spare??

When I went and looked at the truck the other day, it sure looked original to me. What really struck me was how nice the engine compartment was, especially all the sheet metal. Very pristine, the paint was perfect . All the original factory scribbled numbers on the firewall and underside of the hood were there. One could tell that it hadn't been subjected to the heating and the cooling off of a used truck. The post that the hood latch engaged was unmarked, still had the original finish. All the doors latches were perfect, no drag marks. The fit and finish of the paint was perfect, saw 1 shallow scratch where something got dragged over the edge of the tailgate. Tires were original, no cracking as it was keep out of the sun. The only thing I saw that was unusual was the switch placement for the back up lights in the Barden bumper. It was put in the position where the cigar lighter would normally go.
I figure that was a dealer installed option, the bumper was made in Oregon, according to the tag.