View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2015, 12:12 AM

Truck: 1962 1000 series
Gasmannv is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone have $60 grand to spare??

Dear Rustbucket,
Really? You base your valuation on an Ebay auction and on other trucks that have been driven, worn and used. I wasn't truly expecting to sell it on Ebay, I simply put it out there to garner interest (which it did!). It was also advertised on ClassicCars.com, Classic Auto Trader and Craigslist. As a hobbyist, and member of this group that looks at a lot of these trucks, I am surprised that you would claim that this truck is not 100% or correct. Even the wipers that were stored in the cab are original. With less than 2,000 miles on it, the initial valve adjustment hasn't even been performed. There are less than a handful of these kind of no/low mileage trucks in the nation. I have only seen a few that have been preserved at this level. Most of those have not been started or driven and they probably won't be. This truck has been painstakingly brought back to life and test driven. As I stated earlier, the only non OEM parts on this truck are the battery, fuel pump, carb gaskets, fuel lines and hydraulic cups in the brake and clutch cylinders with new brake fluid. Oh, and the Indian blanket that covered and preserved the perfect original upholstery was not installed at the dealer in 1962 either. The only other trucks that even come close to this condition have received complete frame off professional restorations. Even then, they have 30, 50, 100K plus miles and are certainly not original, let alone much more money is invested to bring them back to this kind of condition.

As I stated previously, I do have a photo appraisal from a Barrett Jackson appraiser for 40K. I have received multiple offers exceeding that amount. As stated before, in establishing the ask price, I expected to net $50k after auction fees at the Barrett Jackson auction in Reno this August. As you may have noted, I have pulled all of the ads from the market. So that you know, I have accepted an offer and the truck has sold for $50K from a serious collector that understands and appreciates the value of this unadulterated time capsule.

Best of luck to you!

GasManNV.

Last edited by Gasmannv; June 25th, 2015 at 02:37 PM. Reason: removed unnecessary verbiage