View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2013, 01:38 AM

Truck: Former owner Repowered by GMC 305 V-6, 1963 Chevy 30 Series SM420 Long Bed (9') Step/Fenderside
George Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Whats up with gas prices lately?

Hello there Fetch Me A Pepsi!

I gather your oldest child will soon be able to drive. Uh-yeah. I've been down that road as well, four times to be exact. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against being young, and getting your drivers license, I was there once myself. And back when I started driving, leaded regular gas was 28 cents a gallon, premium (Ethyl) was 30 cents a gallon. Of course, you weren't paid as much back then either, but your dollar seemed to go a lot further back then than it does today. I don't envy you your position of having to not only purchase gas for your youth to be able to drive, but the fact that auto insurance rates for a youthful driver are also expensive. But then, I'm probably not telling you something that you don't already know. It's just a shame that everything is so dog gone high priced these days, and it keeps getting worse instead of better!