View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2014, 06:16 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: 1964 1500 series drivetrain refresh

Quote:
Since I am close to your area, who did you have do the work and how were they on price? It would be nice to take mine to someone who now has 305E experience.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

There is a great "old time" mechanic shop here in Arab where quality mechanic work at fair labor rates is still being done - they prefer to do work on older vehicles because they are truck guys themselves and have 60's GMC's and Chevys sitting around there being worked on all the time. The Ceramic coating was done at "its not paint" in Huntsville. They do great work with powder and ceramic coating for cheaper than I have paid elsewhere.

Ceramic coating of exhaust is the only way to go if you want what you pay for to continue looking like it does in my pictures - all high temp paints fail to penetrate the pores in the cast iron and will fail usually within a year in my experience. Ceramic coating is not cheap though - nearly 300 bucks for a set of exhaust manifolds, but oh sooooo worth it when you pop the hood 5 years later

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)