View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2016, 04:40 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 GMC "crustine" semi-build.

Quote:
I'm using Rotella 15W-40 in my 478 as break in oil because it contains zinc, so why would you need to add additional zinc to it?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

My bad, I didn't know it already had zinc in it! haha! Thanks!
Quote:
TJ,

If you think a brake line hose is going bad, change it as soon as you can. I had one go out on a 64 GMC pickup with a single pot master cylinder while coming back from a trip to the mountains with a load of trash and lost all hydraulic brakes. I was saved by the emergency brake that operates the rear wheel brakes manually. A few weeks later, the emergency brake cable broke, so I was very lucky. This was a wake-up call about how important being able to stop is. I have since replaced all brake line hoses, put in a new emergency brake cable (made locally and works great), and installed a dual pot master cylinder (where the hardest part was bending a new line to fit under the motor).

JRMunn
Will do! 1st I noticed it was when I had the truck on a lift, that was a wake up call just Noticing it! haha Gonna try and get it replaced today. As of now I've just been slowing down really early so I don't have to use the brakes to much. lol

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.