View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2016, 12:48 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: '47 International KB-2

Quote:
Foley, nice truck! My wife likes the photo with the road and trees.

DAC, why did they reject your '72 tag? Looks like they are in really good shape. I have a '62 KS tag on my GMC; it was no big deal here. Now, on my '63 camper, they wouldn't let me do that, because it doesn't have a motor. Only motorized vehicles can recycle tags. So my camper has an issued tag on it, but I plan to find a '63 KS tag to put on there anyway, then I'll pitch the issued one in the camper closet (in case I get pulled over).
Yeah the '72 plates are pretty nice shape but were definitely used. The '55 and '7o's are unrestored unused originals. The DMV said that the number on the rejected ones is already in use. Got the '55's permanent registration in the mail today so it's a done deal for that old truck!

Quote:
To answer those questions DAC, yes, I ran across it in 2014 when I was in SD at the big IH show in Huron. The pix were taken on the driveway that winds up to our house here in Greenwood. As for those SD historical plates. The previous owner didn't want them. When I registered the truck here in CA, our DMV didn't want them, and I didn't want them. So they are history. I've done a lot of research on the K and KB series Clarke, and have a couple of good contacts who specialize in those models. Should you need info, pm me and I'll do what I can to help with your project.
The IH show was the "Red Power Tour" if I remember right? I would have sent you a few bucks for those plates---just for wall-hangers, not to try to re-use.
It looks like the area you live in is beautiful!

Waiting for more pics from both of you!

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday