View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2015, 07:38 AM

Truck: Former owner Repowered by GMC 305 V-6, 1963 Chevy 30 Series SM420 Long Bed (9') Step/Fenderside
George Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1965 GMC 3500 Rescue Squad

Greetings Jolly!

Nice pictures there in Ogden. While it's nice to see an early Chevy pickup, (among the other trucks shown at Dany's) it's too bad that they didn't leave it as it originally was. To convert it into a "low rider" absolutely ruins the historic and antique value of the truck in my opinion. And to me, that's just plain a doggone shame. But then,that's just my opinion--others would probably disagree with me. Now this is probably a bit off topic, but I recently saw a beautifully restored 1947 IHC pickup at the Pickett Steam and Gas Engine show here in Wisconsin. The only change the owner made to the truck was that he re-powered it with a Chevy 235 cid inline 6, simply because the original engine was pretty much trashed. The point is that he kept the integrity of the original truck instead of making it into something it was never intended to be--a "low rider." I apologize for getting off topic here, it's just that I like to see these vehicles as they originally were, even if a little cheating has to be done to re-power the vehicle because of parts availability for the original engine.