View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2015, 03:14 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1965 GMC 3500 Rescue Squad

Quote:
Has anyone installed or try installing seats out of a newer GMC/Chevy, the one with the seat belt built in, into their 60-66 GMC?
Hey Jolly, we rented an '04 Burb with those seats last weekend. I sure don't think there would be any reason not to use those seats long as the adapter mounting is done well. I built "adapter brackets" for my '70 GMC Jimmy to fit seats from a 1997 Dodge Caravan.

Quote:
Greetings Jolly!

Nice pictures there in Ogden. While it's nice to see an early Chevy pickup, (among the other trucks shown at Dany's) it's too bad that they didn't leave it as it originally was. To convert it into a "low rider" absolutely ruins the historic and antique value of the truck in my opinion. And to me, that's just plain a doggone shame. But then,that's just my opinion--others would probably disagree with me. Now this is probably a bit off topic, but I recently saw a beautifully restored 1947 IHC pickup at the Pickett Steam and Gas Engine show here in Wisconsin. The only change the owner made to the truck was that he re-powered it with a Chevy 235 cid inline 6, simply because the original engine was pretty much trashed. The point is that he kept the integrity of the original truck instead of making it into something it was never intended to be--a "low rider." I apologize for getting off topic here, it's just that I like to see these vehicles as they originally were, even if a little cheating has to be done to re-power the vehicle because of parts availability for the original engine.
I agree Mr. Bongert, low riders aren't my thing either. I like survivors best but dig seeing what old trucks looked like new also in the restorations. My daily driver is a 1955 2nd GMC but somewhere along the way someone put a mid-60's 230 I-6 Chevy in it. Got it running great and don't even want power steering with the stock straight axle. It wouldn't feel like 1955 any other way!

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday