View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2016, 05:12 PM

Truck: Former owner Repowered by GMC 305 V-6, 1963 Chevy 30 Series SM420 Long Bed (9') Step/Fenderside
George Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
Thanks George. That's what hit me when I got the call. OMG I'm not ready yet! What happened to the time?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

That reminds me, for any of you guys that didn't get the chance, what kind of questions would you have asked if you could talk to your father again?

I'm a list guy so I'm putting together a list of questions about his childhood, my childhood, trends, twists, marriage advice, etc to grill him with. He's easy going so I'm lucky there. I can always ask him a question and expect an honest answer, even if he doesn't like to talk about the subject (like the Vietnam war- his least fav subject and where he lost his hearing on one side)
Hello again Fetch!

Yeah, there are still many questions that I'd like to ask my Dad. Since my Dad lived through most of the last century, (born in 1906--died in 2000) he was a veritable wealth of things that happened, like the Great Depression, World War II, gas rationing, the dust bowl years, the earliest he had ever sown oats, and so on. While we did get some information from him, there is still more that I would like to know, especially about the Depression and War years. Now, given the time frame that he was alive, you would naturally assume that I am much older than my age of 66 years. You see, my Dad didn't get married until he was 42, and Mom was younger than my Dad by a few years. I wish us kids would have recorded him on tape. It would have been a lasting legacy, not only for my Brother and Sister, but also for his Grand Children, and generations to come. And as to time passing, it goes by altogether too fast, and I've come to the realization that I have to make the most of every moment that I'm able to spend with my Kids and Grand Kids. By the way, thank your Dad for his Service to our Country. I am an Associate Member of the Marine Corps League, and I volunteer at our local Veterans home. Again Fetch, I hope you have more time with your Dad than what you anticipate.