View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2016, 01:50 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962, 1965, 1967
Ed Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Mini-Meets/Get-Togethers 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyNut View Post

Since I joined the group (10+?) years ago I have always promoted the idea of all members to try and organize "Mini-Meets". I have hosted/promoted a couple & attended quite a few. There is no better excuse to travel & meet new folks! And the good thing is the folks you meet all have one good thing in common..... They love these trucks!!!!!

I can honestly say that the 20 or 30 members I have met at these meets all seem to be "Good People". Over the years a few of these folks I have met have turned into what I consider real friends.

I hope everyone here thinks about trying to promote/organize a "Mini-Meet" in your area. Throw the idea out there and see what happens. Might be 2 or 3 folks, might get 6 or 10, may be the blow-out extravaganza of the century (Highly doubtful, but hey who knows).

Anyone up to try and get folks together? If so, when and where?
Hey Dave --

I love these mini-meets too. I'd be interested in hosting another one next year. I'm still busy this year with getting our new house and garage set up. Here are a few photos from the last mini-meet I put together in September, 2009. Left to right in the group photo are Dave Schlager (aka RustyNut), Dale from Myrtle Creek, Rick Rusconi, me, Arthur Throckmorton, and Pete Chronis (aka bigblockV6). I don't remember Dale's last name, and don't know if he's still a forum member or not. We're standing in front of Dale's '61. Also pictured is Rick's 401 powered '62.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Six V6 Fans.JPG (155.5 KB, Multiple views, 10 clicks)
File Type: jpg Dale's 61 GMC.JPG (119.0 KB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)
File Type: jpg Rick's 62 GMC.JPG (146.3 KB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)
1962 K1000 Suburban 401M & SM420
1965 2500 Suburban 351C & SM420 with Watson overdrive
1967 CM1500 pickup 351E & NP435