View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2017, 10:03 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: Radiator overflow tank?

I said, if Factory, they would be mounted same, same bracket, same hose, etc. If you found several that were exactly the same, then I would agree it points to what you believe. I don't doubt you at all. It may be trivial but it's what truck guys/semi-purest like us all, like to debate. Like to study, like to give opinions. It's a forum for that. I also mentioned Logo's. Many tanks from the 50's have a winged logo on it that says "Chevrolet". The photo that Jake was sent and posted, seems to have something above the text, could it be a Chevy Winged Logo? The other picture has the exact same wording as the Chevy unit but has no Logo. I did find an NOS one in a box with a Chevrolet part no. of 985528. No Winged Logo. The box says "Chevrolet Accessories". That means not Factory. The Jake picture also shows a modified strap. These were made to mount on a flat firewall and would have to have bracketry to mount on an angled surface. Don't see that. In my previous profession I was trained to double and triple check before making something cast in stone, or in our case, building an accurate database of 6066 info. Test theories, find documentation. It is not easy to be absolutely sure about this issue. Maybe other info will come in to firm it up. I was giving another possibility of why they were on some trucks. I don't have any proof as you already said. I did check the GM Heritage Center (Vehicle Information Kits, no GMC) and as far as I can see, factory coolant recovery systems not mentioned in their kit info for Chevy Trucks until about 1973, for whatever that is worth. Maybe someone has Chevy info.

Last edited by AZKen; May 13th, 2017 at 12:18 AM.