View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2014, 11:11 PM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 25% of stove bolt post are wrong info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryGMC View Post
What. The 55-59 gmc trucks don't have buick motors? DAC. That thread with the 59 gmc on 67-72 is painfull to read. Holy cow. That has to get my vote for the worst. The blind leading the blind in circles while they all think they have made great progress.
My favorite v6 myth out there is that they only ever got 5mpg. I just heard this again from a local at the grocery store. I don't even correct em any more. I said that's why it has 3 tanks.
My second favorite myth centers around a 60 Chevy truck I have with a 348. 9 out of ten people who see it all have stories about one they had or an uncle or there dad had one just like it. It was ordered that way. Bla bla bla. I used to correct them. Now I just say bet you wished you kept it. Super rare and worth huge money back east. 50-60 grand.
Yeah Barry, that thread is painful to read, but when on that forum it is kinda like driving by a car accident. Just have to take a look! LOL!

I have heard all that 5 mpg stuff about the V-6 also. When I had a '62 K2500 back 2006-2007 the p.o. said that he had plans to pull the "5 mpg boat anchor" and put in a Chevy V-8 but didn't have the time. Made him an offer and drove it home. The way things go I had to sell it but the buyer promised me the 305E would stay in it for restoration. He already had restored a 65 K10 Chev with a hot rodded up 292 for himself and wanted the GMC to build for his young son. He was a 6 cylinder guy all the way.

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday