View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2016, 07:50 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1962 Gmc dump truck

So the problem with pre-production GM photos like the 60 GMC in the above ad is that so many were photographed with all kinds of non-production features GM designers were playing around with at the time - this truck for example does not have the chrome around the windshield, but in production probably would have. Many 1950's and 60's GM pictures show odd-ball paint schemes that never made it to the production line. GMC played with the idea of painting its cabs white like Chevrolet during the late fifties but of course ended up doing its own thing.

My friend in Spokane sent this photo of a GMC grille support off a real production truck that has never been repainted - its exactly like my green 64 was and like Alex' Green truck is. This photo shows all we need to know to know that solid body color is correct for grille support repaints, and if anyone wants to do the Chevy-style Black paint behind them that should be considered correct as well. I do wonder what color Ed Snyders' Dads Suburban had - the body color or Black behind that grille.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg green grille support.jpg (212.5 KB, Multiple views, 6 clicks)

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)