View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2015, 02:02 AM

Truck: 1963 3/4 Ton 4x4 Long Step
pilotguy1050 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lockouts for a 63 3/4 ton 4x4 impossible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi View Post
I don't know why you have red xs but you did it right. That's a great looking patina.

You owe your brother thanksgiving at your house this year. And btw thanks for your service. That cant be said enough.

Hahahahahahaha... I thought there was a significant difference between "patina" and "imminent implosion"... I must have been wrong.

And, I owe my brother Thanksgiving dinner for the rest of my life; you all don't know how awesome he has been to me in the last two years alone... He is one of the two best brothers a guy could ask for. This truck is just the latest installment. I am really excited about being able to get it going again when i come home.

BTW, my intention is to take the plow off it first, and after we have it roadworthy again, then perhaps putting a newer plow (i.e. not ugly and worn out) back on it. But, I want to get it back to its original muscular profile first.

oh, and FetchMeAPepsi, yours is the rebuild thread I have been following with gusto, .. and, I can see the pictures on my laptop back in my barracks, so the red-Xs are only on the other computer I was using.

Mr. Pepsi (shorter than your whole profile name), I love your logic in doing your work, and hope to use the same, rocket-scientist-like Vulcan reasoning when i do my "rehab" on ol' Jimmy here. Cecelia looks like a great truck, and your pit-crew is top-notch!

Last edited by pilotguy1050; January 17th, 2015 at 02:22 AM. Reason: spelling, additional info