View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:09 PM

Truck: Shopping for a 1960-61 4x4
Jeannie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Yahoo Groups Alternative

I like the Yahoo format because when an email come in that has a subject that I'm interested in, or think I MIGHT be, I drag the note into a subject folder ( Carbs, Tranny's, "Note with Part Numbers" ) and save them Then, when I'm working on a carb, or a tranny, I go to the proper folder and look for what I need.

The forum format is okay when the group is small, but as it ages, and the number of topics grows dramatically, I find it hard to find something that related to what I'm looking for at any given time.

I find forums more difficult to just read, because some topics have new postings, but others don't and it is difficult to find the ones with recent additions. I sometimes do a lot of scrolling, then don't see anything new.

Ray is correct on the signature block. I use Outlook and have several different ones. Then just before sending a note, I use a shortcut ( ALT, then the "H" key, then "A" and then "S" ) to open a box with the names of my signatures. I select the one that I want, hit "enter" and in it goes.

Take care, all,

JBP

Jim P

Rush, ( Rochester ) New York