View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2017, 05:53 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1966 gmc 1500
ilvracn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Looking for a list of shop rates or hours per repair.1965 I-1000 fleetside

At my shop it would be $80 per hour. This is a flat rate. As an example ,replace radiator 1.1 hours would be $88, that is the charge weather it took 1 hour or 2 hours to complete the work.
In the case of the brake line, it is probably rusty. That means that what it screws into is rusty also. Replacing a brake line can turn into replacing wheel cylinders, because the line or bleeder wont come out. That in turn can into replacing the brake shoes, because the wheel cylinder or axle seal has leaked fluid and ruined the shoes. If the axle seals are leaking, the axle shafts will need to be pulled out and the seals and possibly bearings replaced. This is not always the case, but a simple brake line repair can turn into an expensive and time consuming ordeal.

My point is you may have difficulty getting an exact estimate for this repair. I would be very leary of anyone who does not explain this before starting repairs.