View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2016, 01:51 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Who needs strobe lights? AKA Headlights flickering on high-beam

Electricity isn't too tough at a basic level. You just think about the negative post being the sea, and the red post being a river. One always wants to flow to the other. Wires are just channels the river runs through and it'll always take the fastest route. Corrosion on the wires or connectors are rocks in the river, slowing things down or damming them up altogether.

That's my "dumb country boy" take on it. I can't do advanced resistance and ohm or amperage stuff off the top of my head but some guys get off on that stuff so if you run into any of that you can ask for help.

For the switch, if it's wonky just replace it. Auto parts stores (O'Reilly's? O'Wallaby's? haha!) carry them. They were used for a ton of years.

Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.