View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2013, 03:44 AM

Truck: GMC V12 powered '46 Chevy pu
Cayoterun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GMC photos from history

Rock:

I maybe should start an "ol' timers" thread in general discussion to see if others on here from my generation will chime in.

The old trucks you guys are restoring now are the ones we made a living with back then.
The equipment we used, and the world we lived in was so much simpler, but more manual labor than today. The equipment was easy to work on, too.

I've been in Ag. almost all my life, so really don't know much about most of you guys world.

I can't savvy what our two sons in their 30s are talking about on the stuff they work on, and both are around and repair mechanical equipment for a living. One on aircraft, the other road trucks.

I sure enjoy watching what you do to "our" old trucks, modernize them, and making them look purty.
So will try to slowly fade away, and let the next generation take the wheel, but now and then, throw a post in. I have lots of good memories with the same "girl" for 47 yrs, raised 4 onery kids, and life has been good. If I could do it over, I'd do it again.

GMCDAC: Hauling them like that has been history for many years. We had to stop at the state port-of-entries, and and get an Ag. exemption permit even back then. Probably cost $25.00 each rig.
I might be able to find a pic. of the '55, trailer/w propane nurse tank for combine and truck, with the truck and combine the second year I went. They both were converted to propane by then.

I think I'll fix it myself, and pay the extra $500.

Last edited by Cayoterun; November 16th, 2013 at 04:12 AM.