View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2017, 01:48 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC Truck
aharper33 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Intro for a new guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic65 View Post
This is a very interesting sentence and I bet there is some history behind it.

Welcome!
Thanks. Here is the history as far as I can tell. Mind you this is a small town so everyone knows everyone. From all of the paperwork we were given (Ill have to look back at it for exact dates) my grandpa special ordered the truck in November or December of 1963. The truck was delivered in February or March of 1964. It is red, has a long bed, stepside, 2wd, 305 V6, showing around 78000 miles on the odometer. More or less a work truck as he worked in the oil fields. Every part on the truck is there and complete. It looks like he might have had it until 1974 or 1975 as he ordered a new truck in 1975. They still had all of the hand written purchase orders for the truck as well as all warranty work that was done, everything down to a set of wipers he bought. It was sold in 1974 or 1975 and a local lawyer bought it and traded it back into the dealership in 1979. It has not moved since, until we went and got it. The coolest thing to me was looking back at my grandma and grandpas signatures on the original paperwork. They paid like $2300 for the truck and traded in a 1954 Chevy Coupe for it. It was setup on 3 $780 payments due on Jan 1 of each year. There is so much more I could keep going all day.