View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2015, 06:25 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962, 1967
Ed Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Newbie, intro and question

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatryan View Post
Hey Ed, thank you!

eBay for vehicles, man that has always worried me ha. I have seen a few but the thought of buying blind I guess freaked me out a bit. Something people do though eh?
Don't be afraid of eBay or any other online site (there are lots of them), Ryan. I've bought trucks (and cars) from long distance sight unseen before too. Maybe I've been lucky, but I haven't been burned yet, although one car was rustier than I expected. During negotiations, you can usually get a feel for how honest a seller is. Lots of close-up photos certainly help too.

To find something as rare as what you're looking for, there's a good chance you'll find one a long way away from you. So be prepared to spend money to fly there and drive it home or pay $500 to $1200 or so to have it shipped, depending on distance.

Patience is the key. I searched for about 10 years for a good 4x4 Suburban before I found mine in the Phoenix area in 1997. I flew there and drove it home. That was in the days before the internet made it much easier to find what you're looking for, so your search shouldn't take as long.
1962 K1000 Suburban 401M & SM420
1967 CM1500 pickup 351E & NP435