View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2015, 07:43 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: Rebuild engine vs. Replace?

Before we hear everyone's bad Chevy motor story. I feel we have stayed pretty near topic. He is asking for advise/opinions about rebuild or get a different motor. Keep in mind my point is: IF you like the looks, the history, the feel of a GMC or you were given one and you don't have the money or time to collect a bunch of hard to find 305 parts. IF you don't want a 305. IF you don't want to take a chance on Louie the engine rebuilder, IF you can't find another running 305, then a running Chevy would be my suggestion. The point is NOT that the 305 is a bad motor or that it is NOT correct for the truck or that they don't last.
Insulting a question, unless in jest, will move new members/potential members away from this site. Nobody wants to be in a hard nosed, negative towards other options, single minded, clicky, forum. Opinions re: favorite GMC motors, options, modifications ARE OK in my mind. Just not forced or dictated. Keeping a GMC stock is a good goal. But they can do what they want with it. If that's out of bounds here, good luck.
CBS: you don't have to apologize for any question or mentioning a Chevy. If you decide on a new motor, Jeggs or Summit has some really good deals sometimes, sometimes free shipping. Short or long block, SBC or BBC.

Last edited by AZKen; January 13th, 2015 at 08:10 PM.