View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2016, 03:52 AM

Truck: 1968 KM2500
bigblockv6 will become famous soon enoughbigblockv6 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: GMC 1962 - 3/4 t - Long bed - 305ci - 4 speed

Quote:
75W-90 or 85W-90 will be fine.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Took a gander under my 64. It's a Spicer or Dana 60 or dern close to it. I think in 60-61 they used the Eaton and in 62 they went Spicer/Dana. I need to get my 64 manual ordered.
I'll disagree

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

with you on the Eaton axles being used on 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks. I just talked to Jake Groby who has a 1960 GMC that he restored that came stock with a Dana 60. You have to remember Canadian model GMC trucks were basically rebadged Chevrolet trucks and all the running gear was identical to Chevrolet trucks, while US versions mechanically were different as night and day. Your reprint manually is most likey derived from the Canadian version.