Thread: GMCDAC's GMCs
View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2013, 12:43 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GMCDAC's GMCs

Quote:
Dac that's a great bunch of photos. What's in the background on the 3rd pic? A volcano? I'd like to see more of that 55 too as you put it together.

For the if its ok remark, this forum is called "Other Rides and Projects Chevy, Dodge, F*rd, or refinishing cabinets? Share your progress or start a build thread and track let members follow along!"

The "track let" part is probably a messup but to me it looks like anyone that doesnt like it can pound sand. Heck I posted about a wood splitter in my thread. Let the pics roll and share the history! I'll read every one of em!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Hello Pepsi, nice to hear from you and thanks! Yeah I know the title of the this part of the forum, but the word "Other" kinda had me in a grey area since I don't have a 60-66 GMC. That makes these trucks my "Only" projects for now. My wife complains that I take things too literally but I just try to respect the rules----

I was definitely a fan of the woodsplitter thread and would like to see it after you touched up the paint and all.

The object in the background of that 3rd pic is Devil's Tower, Wyoming. It was formed by volcanic activity. One of my sisters was a historian at that national park for a few years and the pic was taken when we helped her move there. You are probably too young to know the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" from the later 1970's starring Richard Dreyfus. A lot of that movie was filmed on location there and the climax of the movie was all at that location with a lot of at the time very high tech animation and graphics.

I'm not really working on the '55 much right now, just driving the heck out of it. There was a lot of blood sweat and tears getting it running and many doubts wether all the time was worth it. It was a pretty cheap build so far and I have an awful lot of pictures getting it to be a good, reliable driver.

Between keeping the kids vehicles running ok and my job, the '70 Jimmy is getting most of my attention and available finances right now and I need to keep that focus.

Thanks again everyone---DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday