View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2014, 10:47 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside

I didn't have any of that newfangled tar sound suppressant installed. Prolly cost extra!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

For the rust, take it down to bare metal with a wire wheel then spray Ospho on it to convert any microscopic pieces you missed. Then put primer or clear coat on it if youre dealing with it later.
The main thing is to get the rust thats on there off.
Then keep oxygen and moisture from getting to it again. I'm using Herculiner on my floor. It feels great on the feet (rubbery and textured) but I'm playing with Por 15 in a few weeks so I might go with that first, then herculiner as a top coat. i'm still undecided but it will end up with a herculiner top.

WDShaffer helped me with my painting questions. I think he does (or did) that kinda stuff for a living.

For holes, you just gotta weld them up or hire a kid to do it. Lots of young welders will work for pennies. If you think the holes are too huge you can buy repop (reproduction) pieces but I hear they're thinner and tough to cut to the right shape.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.