View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2017, 02:32 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 305e v6 engine rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfamtn View Post

A word of warning: everyone you talk to, outside of this forum, it's going to tell you that this motor is worthless, impossible to find parts for, heavy, not worth rebuilding, a boat anchor, etc. They will all then begin to pontificate that you should pull it out and replace it with a small block Chevy. Then they will have some cockamamie exclamation that because it has two more cylinders it is fundamentally superior. These people lack imagination, motivation and any appreciation for anything that they can't order chrome repop parts from whatever catalog is laying around. After rebuilding my 305 V6 this winter couldn't be more happy that I did, it's not a super high-performance ProMod truck by any means, but it's the right motor for the right truck and it works great for when I use it for. I get so many questions and compliments about whether it still has a V-6 in it, people seem to be shocked when they find these still running. It's a great piece of history. It's unique and I love it.
Couldn't have said this better myself. I've had a few people say that to me and I told them to their face that their dumb small block was over used, common, and lacked any imagination. lol Many times they turn and walk away without any sort of comeback. Truth hurts I guess!

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.