View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2014, 03:24 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 25% of stove bolt post are wrong info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCNUT View Post
if you guys think people are clueless about 60's GMC and the V6, you should take a ride around the internet and listen to the BS and cockeyed info being spread about the 55-59 Blue Chip trucks. WOW. For example, even magazines as prestigious as Hemmings Motor News continually do incorrect fact containing articles on them. Just about every person, and magazine writer refers to GMC's version of a Chevrolet Cameo as a "Suburban Carrier". No such name ever existed, but because everyone keeps telling each other this is the right name, it gets spread to epidemic proportions. The GMC "Cameo" truck was called a "Suburban Pickup". The "Carrier" name got stuck on the GMC because the Cameo correct full name is Cameo Carrier. My 57 Suburban Pickup has original firewall grease pencil markings that say "Sub P.U." so we know this is correct. No one ever tells the Pontiac V8 engine story right either, or dozens of other GMC vs Chevy differences separating the two lines. Its a full time job keeping everybody I talk to straight on the 55-59 stuff much less adding the 60-66 stuff on top of that hehehehe
Good comment GMCNUT! I sure don't know a lot about all this GMC stuff but they are still my passion. Right now there is a debate on the "big city truck site" about a distributor on an I-6 1959 GMC. The owner can't understand why the distributor moves while the engine is running. I'm pretty sure that the distributor is supposed to rotate to advance and retard the timing. I don't own a GMC engine that does that, but do have a 1957 Chevy truck 235 that the whole distributor rotates. Everyone is agreeing with him that something is wrong with the distributor and it should be stationary. I can't understand that they would think that just for the reason this kid said it had a steel vacuum advance line. The "experts" over there are showing him drawings of 60's and 70's Chevy points and HEI distributors trying to help and even offering to send him free Chevy distributors. I'm pretty sure that ain't gonna work!---LOL! I quit trying to give this kid information when they were giving him 55-59 Chevy pics and info of how to wire dash gauges in a GMC. I got ignored trying to explain that one indicator flashed for right or left turn signals back then (at least in my '55 GMC), so I quit trying to help.

Never cared much for Stovebolt. Not enough pics for me and pics explain more to me than anything else.

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday