View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2014, 04:29 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1965 GMC 1000
aphaynes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside

Well, budget is tight right now, so not much has been happening since I got the grill back together and headlight wiring complete...

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

...so this afternoon I was staring at a pile of left over lumber in the corner of the garage wondering what I'll use it for. Then I walked out to Rusti (my daughters name for the truck) and it hit me...

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

...it will be a long time before I have $$$ for a tailgate, with all the other stuff I need to do to Rusti. For the short term, why not just make one?!?

Surely a truck that is supposed to have a wood bed can handle a wood tailgate...at least for a little while.

So this is the start of it. Nothing is attached to anything at this point. Just cutting pieces to see what I like the look of.

This particular layout is a mix of 2x4's and 1x8's. We'll have to see how this evolves.

Speaking of evolving...or devolving...is that a word??? I had a big chunk of bondo come off my driver door today. Geez. Not sure how long it has been on there, but it revealed a nice crease in the door skin that someone tried to just fill in. I think Rusti is crying out for help. To bad she didn't find a better equipped urgent care facility to call home.

Last edited by aphaynes; July 14th, 2014 at 04:38 AM.