View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2016, 04:04 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gmc V12 in trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rap'em Pappy View Post
Bobdylan,
Yes, Cayoterun and I did alot of brain storming and hair scratching to build
Balaur and Rap'em Pappy. His is the best mentor a guy can ask for. The greatest
guy for helping save these old V12s. We spent a day in Boise,Ok at the museum
where he donated his 62 V12 Balaur. It was on our bucket list to put the 2 trucks
together. We drove them around and talked V12s all that day. One of my other trips, I helped get the 46 V12 he calls Thumper wired up and cruising.That is a cool truck. Now if you or anyone has a extra 305v6, Speedway museum in
Lincoln, Ne is looking for one. I followed Cayoterun's footsteps and took a V12
there last year. I offered a 401,but they wanted a 305. They want to put the large V12 and small v6 on display together on 3rd floor. That will help these GMC motors to be not forgotten.
Very cool Pappy! You and Cayoterun have some of the most clever GMC's I've ever seen. I'm glad to know that the "Museum of American Speed" is still in good hands after "Speedy" Bill Smith's passing. He loved the less common engines of all kinds, and worked hard to preserve as many as he could right up until his death. One of the sprint cars in that museum raced at our dirt track clear up into the early 1980's and was powered by a brutally fast 270 Cu. In. GMC I-6. Jolly knows the car I'm talking about as it also raced in his area and if I remember correctly, his father raced against it.

Thanks for posting your trucks.

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday