Thread: fender mounting
View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:02 AM

Truck: 1960 8' fleetside
jbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: fender mounting

The fenders are OEM restored as well as the rad support and entire front clip.

I'm going to try to raise the rad support tomorrow. I see where that 'should' bring the lower rear of the fender out some. The bolts that came with the new aftermarket rad bolt kit are 2" long x 7/16" carriage bolts. Home Depot does not stock 7/16 bolts, they sell nuts but no bolts -go figure!

I'll need to stop at a real hardware store to get some, I will get 3-4" long bolts and extra 1/8"or1/4" washers. I can't be the only member who has had this issue. I sent a detailed email to "Tony" of 4-5-6 Chevy Trucks. He has put more trucks together than anyone I know.

I loosened all the bolts from the firewall to the rad support to give me some play. I will also loosen the cab mounts as well to let the cab 'float' a bit, maybe I've over compressed them.

I'm going to line up the rear of the fender to the cab and work the front of the fender 'hopefully' into position. Maybe that will do it? If push comes to trample I 'll need to get a local body and fender man to work the front clip.

So close!!!!

Thanks
Jake
Lacombe, LA.