View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2015, 05:44 PM

Truck: 1966 Chevy Custom Camper
sodly is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "Patina Trucks" in the group

Quote:
I hope it's OK to post a few photos of a truck to show a lack of patina. This is the '66 3/4 ton I purchased for $1000 in 1995, restored, then sold in 2003 to a guy in Meadow Vista, CA. He in turn sold it to "Reefrunner Larry" in Minnesota who's on our forum. Then Clyde in SC (also on our forum) bought it from Larry. The truck, which came off the assembly line in Fremont, CA, on 6-6-66, was factory-equipped with 351E, Turbo 400 automatic, Powr-Lok rear end, power steering, power brakes, and custom cab. It had less than 40,000 miles on it when I bought it. During the restoration process I had the frame and driveshaft shortened so I could put a short bed on it.

About the only patina on it prior to restoration was the rear bumper. The only rust we could find on it during restoration was minor surface rust under the rubber floor mat.
Just going back through this thread again. Cool 66 GMC. It's the first one I've seen with a V6 backed by a TH400. I know it was an option but I've never actually seen one. Such a shame that this truck was restored... and worse yet, that it was cut up. Got any pics of the truck cleaned up... before it was "restored"?