View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2015, 04:10 AM

Truck: 1962 1500 Wideside 4 speed (305D / SM-420)
Clarke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Off Topic What about all this terrorism stuff?

Heck, I guess I'll throw in my $.02...

In general, it amazes me how much reference/passion/honor/etc there is of the U.S. Constitution/founding fathers from the 1700's, yet for generations afterwards, our government bullied the American Indians, and allowed slavery. Seems ironic...

This is the only reason I did not join the military, as I don't trust our government. And in my opinion, they don't have the best track record.

Based on the world we live in today and the number of pies we have stuck our finger in, I predict it will only get worse. I hope and pray that our country and allies will be strong enough and intelligent enough to pull together as one team, and destroy evil.

There will come a time when we will have to make a decision that we are at war. And war, has no rules (or constitution). War also forces you to pick a side, which in many cases, results in additional challenges.

Until that time, evil is in all shapes/sizes/***/race/religions. The more evil we are exposed to, the greater chance our society becomes immune to it. This has happened to other countries, and can happen to our country too if we don't come together and do something about it.

I'm in my mid-40's, and the only time in my life I can remember our country not being in conflict with "each other", is during a short period after the 9/11 attacks. Democrat, Republican, Black, White, gays, etc... Didn't matter, for a short period, we united. Of course, it didn't take long before we were back to our usual ways of tearing each other down.

Lets hope it doesn't take another 9/11 attack to pull us back together.