View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2014, 02:09 AM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1000
aphaynes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside

Got the carburetor tore down. Just have to pic up the kit and get her back together. I thought about taking pics, but all you have to do is hop over to FetchMeAPepsi's build thread and you have all the documentation you need!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Thanks Fetch!

Still need to take more off the engine. I have oil coming out of the top rear of the engine and running down everywhere.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

It seems that for some reason there is no gasket under the plate that is under the intake manifold between the valve covers....no, I do not know what it is called.

Won't know for sure until I pull more stuff off where I can see what is going on back there.

Also, that nice orange engine in my original photos....well...not sure what they did when they painted it, but it is flaking off various spots on the valve covers and block. Basically anywhere I touch it now it seems.

On a lighter note, when I brought the truck home, I was calling it rust bucket. Well, my daughter (10) has now officially named it Rusty! She spent the afternoon drawing "Rusty" in different styles because she plans to paint the name in floor of the bed.