View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2014, 02:45 AM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1000
aphaynes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside

Well, didn't have much time today, but went hunting for the source oil...black gold...Texas tea!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Pulled the intake manifold to see this.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Looks like rivers of black coming from the passages. Not sure if that is a normal look under the manifold.

Tried to take some pics further back where the oil is but couldn't get my self back there where I could see. So some of these shots were taken blind

In front of the distributor in pic below.... Something strange about the paint going on here. looks bubbly. Not sure whoever painted the engine knew what they were doing. The back piece of that top panel had been cleaned off by previous owner and he had tightened down on those back two screws, thinking the oil was coming out there. He thought he slowed it down and told me a gasket there was needed. Maybe he's right, but I don't know yet.

Driver side, rear of engine, distributor at top of pic, firewall to right side of pic. oil and gunk everywhere.

From passenger side, rear of engine, distributor to the right of pic, firewall to left. Oil and gunk running down everywhere.

With it running down from somewhere at the top, all over the transmission and evidently has sprayed onto the firewall, I really am not sure of the source.

Last edited by aphaynes; April 1st, 2014 at 01:00 PM. Reason: typo in picture description