Thread: 62 GMC build
View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2013, 11:39 PM

Truck: 62 3/4ton 305 Hydramatic
tommyduncan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 62 GMC build

Quote:
Incredible nice truck TD. Sounds like you made a very good deal. Covered and sitting in the desert climate means NO rust!! Did it come from the Boulder City-Las Vegas- Southern NV area? I'm always curious as to where these finds come from. I'm also saying good job on the detail work of the . I really like the color scheme on your truck and very happy to see another one brought back from the morgue to live another life. Are those the original seat belts do ya think? Foley
The owners manual was in this truck and the original owners name and address was written on it in pencil. I could barely make out the address but I entered it into my navigation ap on my phone and it is a good address. L.A. Not far from Venice Beach. I also saw another name on a receipt from 1979 that was in an LA suburb(I forgot which one). The next owner had receipts from Van Nuys and from Boulder City in 1987. He worked for the park service and was an avid fisherman. I was told by the last owner that the fisherman never took the camper off and as a result didn't drive it much. The guy I bought it from had it 10 years. He bought it just to take his dogs out because it was getting too hard to get them in his old Jeep. He took the camper off the day he got it and it was never used again. He said I could have it but I don't need anymore projects.

As far as the seat belts I don't know but I see a lotta light green paint were there are chips and on the bottom of the cab so I doubt they are original. Who knows for sure? Next time I am under it I will look a little closer at how they are mounted.