View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2017, 12:30 PM

Truck: 1968 HM80 with a 478M and a few engines plus a Toro-Flow
turbobill is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Project Blown 305

It's too bad that this thread is starting to degenerate.

Everyone has a point, however it boils down to what each individual wants out of what they are building. There is nothing wrong with a high reving small block NOR is there anything wrong with a boosted low speed engine, gasoline or diesel.

Over the years, I've done it about every way it can be done, but my favorite is boost. I've boosted sixes up to big block V8's and I've fooled with the diesels too. As my first turbocharged engine was in 1976, that's where my preference lies. Does that make me right or wrong? NO. It's what I prefer.

I love the idea of a supercharged 305. I also like high speed small blocks. One is no more right or wrong than the other. It's what the owner builder wants, not what someone else thinks is right in their eyes.

On the subject of GMC blowers, the 8V92 blower moves about 736 cubic inches of air every revolution. For every other GMC blower, multiply the first number by the second and it will give you the approximate airflow per revolution. Your 305 will breath 152.5 cubic inches per revolution (at 100% VE), so figuring out which blower at what drive ratio is easy depending on your boost requirements.

Personally, I think it is a neat project!