View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2023, 12:49 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Unfortunately, my 2WD truck isn’t working out in AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Snyder View Post
Good to hear from you again, Doug, and that you're enjoying retirement! My employer downsized 80 people (including me) one day back in 2011. So I've been retired for 12 years now. Unfortunately, I'm finding myself less motivated to keep my four GMCs in tip-top shape, so I'm considering selling one of them next spring.
I think I owe you an email, but it seems since retiring there is less free time than ever---LOL! Still not working on the most important projects enough. I suppose selling off toys has to happen at some point, Ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
Hello Doug,

Good to hear from you…

Congrats on retirement!!!

Yeah, I sold the Binder last year. Had to sell a lot of stuff in preparation of moving from 31 acres to 3 acres. A guy drove up from TX to pick up the Binder. His wife told me Thank You before they drove off with it, and I thought about telling her I’d be curious if she’d still thank me after a few years of her husband dumping lots of time and money into it.

Left you a voicemail from my new cell number. Look fwd to catching up with you...

Dave
Thank-you Dave, I did get the voicemail, and need to make time to call. Maybe Saturday or Sunday? I am in my shop fairly late every evening and these dang smart phones don't work in my shop. Analog flip phones worked fine, but digital is a no go. No land line either. My PC is in the shop too, which I do the online stuff with.

Do you think a new 4x4 is in your future, or an older classic like your 2wd?

I better close for now, still got some stuff to do before I go in the house.

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday