View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2023, 04:35 AM

Truck: 1962 1500 Wideside 4 speed (305D / SM-420)
Clarke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Unfortunately, my 2WD truck isn’t working out in AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCDAC View Post
Thank-you Dave, I did get the voicemail, and need to make time to call. Maybe Saturday or Sunday? I am in my shop fairly late every evening and these dang smart phones don't work in my shop. Analog flip phones worked fine, but digital is a no go. No land line either. My PC is in the shop too, which I do the online stuff with.

Do you think a new 4x4 is in your future, or an older classic like your 2wd?

I better close for now, still got some stuff to do before I go in the house.

DAC
Good evening Doug,

I’ll be working on my mother’s house this weekend, which we plan to put on the market the first weekend in Nov. Thankfully (and finally) she wanted to move to a senior residence and I’ve spent the last several months helping her downsize, making house repairs/etc. Looking fwd to getting this chapter behind me.

In ref to my next 4WD, I’m looking at mid/late ‘70s Jeep Cherokee.

For the first time in almost 30 years I’ve been Jeep-less the last couple years. When we started building our lake house (five hours away) I couldn’t justify keeping my ‘62 GMC and Jeep (I had set up for rock crawling), so I sold the Jeep. Drove the GMC round trip from KS to AR many times and carried tire chains to help with traction on steep dirt roads when carrying certain loads.

I realized I missed having a cargo area protected from the weather and less likely to have things stolen. When we built our first house my ‘90 4WD suburban was great, but I don’t need anything that large for a daily driver.

Since we’ve relocated to AR an old 4WD Cherokee with tow capability should check most the boxes and I still have a two wheeler and Carla’s AWD car for backup transportation (if I need to wrench on the Jeep).

Look fwd to catching up Doug.

Dave