View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2013, 01:46 AM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: An old man's journey with GMC 702 V12s

Quote:
One thing I stress when talking with people notfamiliar with them. THEY ARE NOT A "HOT ROD" MOTOR. They were built to be a working engine, with an enormous torque.
With the now shortage of parts, If you break it, there's a chance it may not run again.

My ramble today for this post.
I can almost always tell when someone has no idea what they are talking about when it comes to these motors. Usually when they comment on what great racing motors they are. Had a guy out to my place a couple years back who insisted that the v12s were good for racing. Uh..huh... go ahead, push those high rpms... let me get back though so I don't get hit with the fallout!

I'd love to have the energy and shop space (and the v12 of course) to modify one of my trucks. Like maybe the 4000 series I have sitting here with an empty engine compartment.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500