View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2016, 02:06 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Need advice on a dash, see pick

Bat o Meter is a fairly uncommonly seen accessory guage so if you like that, Id keep it. The Stewart Warner Tach is technically incorrect to the SUN Model GMC used, but unless you have to have the "correct" tach, I'd say keep that SW tach in there because it is clearly old and "period correct" and has such a great look compared to the correct one. The SUN tach was a hold over from the 1955-59 GMC series and shamefully GMC did not opt to change the Green squared off 55-59 series lettering font and coloration to adapt to the White temp speedo and fuel guages so the correct SUN tachs look very out of place in these clusters. I restored my cluster with a correct tach (see attached) and as you see it almost looks stupid in there compared to your White one. I vote you re-use your tach because it looks that much better to me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new cluster.JPG (103.5 KB, Multiple views, 34 clicks)

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)